#WeMakeEvents aims to raise awareness on the current plight of the live entertainment sector and its urgent need for financial support if it is to survive Covid-19. #WeMakeEvents is steered by a collective of industry trade bodies, business and freelancers; collaborating closely together to increase the awareness of this industry crisis and gain government backed support in the form of, grants, not loans, made available to businesses in the events supply chain, extended furlough schemes and extended self-employment schemes tailored towards the industry.
Last months’ Day of Action was tremendously successful as we saw buildings across the UK lit up in red to give a visually clear message to the government that we need more support. This will be followed by the Global Action Day on Wednesday 30 September, where thousands of venues and places of work across the globe will once again #LightItInRed alongside unique projections, art installations and outreach to government officials and media to raise awareness and drive change.
- Register your venue in the UK and around the globe here
- Write to your local government representative. For the UK you can find details here
- On the day, share your images and videos tagging #WeMakeEvents
- Wear Red. Maybe pick something out from the Merchandise Store
- Turn your phone Red. App Store: “MyLight – Flashlight” Select red colour and rotate the screen to activate the colour. Google Play: “Colour Torch” Select red.
- Email the #WeMakeEvents team to get even more involved: email@example.com
#WeMakeEvents is an international movement to highlight that the live events sector urgently needs support from local governments to survive the Covid-19 crisis.