#WeMakeEvents - RED ALERT DAY OF ACTION
#WeMakeEvents – RED ALERT is hosting major outdoor events in London and across the UK on Tuesday 11 August, calling on the Government to “THROW US A LINE!”
This day of action aims to raise awareness of the events sector which is worth £100billion and employs up to 1 million people.
Thousands have already signed up to attend this unforgettable day of action. But with limited tickets available, don’t delay, sign up today!
Several regional events will run parallel to London. Confirmed events so far include:
- Tunbridge Wells
Updates about all regional events will be shared on the Facebook Event
#WeMakeEvents - Don’t let the events industry go dark
Live events around the world have been devastated by the impacts of Covid-19, from major festivals and landmark theatres, to grassroot venues and corporate events. Unlike other industries, there is no set date on when the industry may properly reopen where businesses can operate profitably and sustainably.
PLASA started the #WeMakeEvents campaign back in June and it has received incredible support from businesses and professionals throughout the industry, but whilst recent government announcements offer a lifeline to some, the events supply-chain is still without the support it urgently needs.
We are calling for meaningful support from the Government until the industry is allowed to operate in a way that is not limited by social distancing policies, including:
- Grants - not loans – made available to businesses in the events supply chain
- Furlough scheme extended until the industry is back to work
- Extension of the self-employment scheme, tailored towards the industry
How can you support?
What can you do to support the #WeMakeEvents movement?
1. Visit the PLASA Website and add your name to the campaign.
2. Share on Social Media
Download the latest campaign assets here and use them on your social media channels.
Watch and share the #WeMakeEvents videos and share them on your social media channels.
4. Post your story on Social Media
Tell your story and explain how you've been affected:
- Name and job?
- How long have you been in the industry?
- When your world stopped?
- What was your 2020 plan?
- What is your next job booked?
5. Always remember to include the #WeMakeEvents hashtag, website URL and encourage others to share their own story.
Thank you for your support.
#WeMakeEvents - Watch. Share. Record. Write.