RCF Add Wireless Support and Bug Fixes to M 20X Mixer
Posted on: 12th October 2021
RCF adds new functionality and bug fixes to their M 20X desktop digital mixer. The new M 20X firmware release fixes some minor bugs and adds the driver for RCF MWD 1 WiFi Adapter. Previously supported USB adapters are still maintained as legacy devices; the new MWD 1 WiFi adapter offers optimal performance and is natively supported by the mixer.
- Fixed Custom Faders issue (when linked and mapped to Mix Out or MAIN Out LR)
- Fixed Input Routing preset loading issue
- Correction of SD Card size visualization issue with a few card models
- Correction of SD Card format issue in specific contexts
- Correction of output parametric EQ band interaction issue
- Fixed very sporadic startup issues
MWD 1 Wireless USB Adapter
The MWD1 Wireless USB Adapter is a WiFi peripheral for use with the M20 X digital audio mixer. This adapter allows for wireless control functionality via the M20 MixRemote app on iOS or Android compatible devices, without the need to connect an external WiFi router or access point via LAN.
RCF now recommends the MWD 1 since several of the originally recommended WIFi adapters are now rarely available. The MWD 1 is an IEEE 802.1 b/g/n, 2.4 GHz WiFi adapter.
Enabling WiFi Support on M 20X
Please go to the SYSTEM > NETWORK AND WIFI setup page, and press the Enable AP button to reconfigure the USB B port for optimal WiFi AP (Access Point) support.
A reboot will be requested. After the reboot, the dongle will be ready for robust WiFi connectivity to remotely control the unit through the M20 MIxRemote app, available for both iOS and Android devices.
Courtesy of RCF