The website and related systems have been reviewed for GDPR and we take these regulations very seriously. We are continuously looking at ways to improve all aspects of our service and should you believe that anything represented on this website contravenes GDPR, please contact us about it immediately.
For further information about GDPR and your rights, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website - ico.org.uk.
All processes attributable to this website, where your data is input, stored or used, should be specific and require your affirmative action to proceed. This is typically confined to enquiry form messages or activity related to placing orders or quotes. By proceeding with these actions, you are giving us consent for the purpose of this process.
If you believe that consent has not been given for an activity that utilises your personal data, please contact us immediately stating your concerns.
Our systems log date and time information for consent e.g. submission of a web form.
As part of our digital marketing strategy including search engine performance, our website uses Google Analytics. This may use IP address information, however, this is not stored in conjunction with personal data.
We aim to store legitimate, relevant and accurate information about our visitors/customers. You have the right to request the following:
- Obtain personal data that we have stored
- Change personal data if inaccurate
- Have your data erased (where it does not infringe on us carrying out contractual obligations e.g. deliver of goods as part of a sale or other overriding regulations e.g. storage of data for accounting purposes).
- Removal from a particular process (where it does not infringe on us carrying out contractual obligations e.g. delivery of goods as part of a sale or other overriding regulations e.g. storage of data for accounting purposes).
Please contact us to exercise your rights in any of the above areas. We adhere to a strict 30-day limit for actioning these requests. In extraordinary cases, we may require more time and will follow ICO guidelines and communicate with you accordingly.
This website has a secure certificate (SSL) using 2048bit encryption which means that data entered to and displayed from the website and your device is secured.
No payment method data e.g. card numbers is stored by the website – all such transactions are carried out by a separate payment provider with all relevant security and GDPR credentials.
Sensitive personal data such as passwords are stored in encrypted (hashing algorithms with salt keys) database fields.
Cookies are basically little parcels of data that are passed from a website to a user's web browser if the user visits certain websites. If a user browses the same website again in the future, the data stored by the cookie is retrieved by the website, typically in order to provide changes to certain page views, displayed content or functionality relevant to the user's previous activity.
We utilise a session cookie to identify you - this is to assist with redirecting between the mobile and non-mobile versions of this website.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics in order to collect site traffic and usage information and this data is anonymous. This is done for the purposes of improving your website user experience.
Users can disable cookies at any time by using the relevant options in their web browser. This may have a negative impact on the browsing experience of some websites. Refer to your browsers help system to find out how to disable cookies.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Leisuretec Distribution Ltd is known as the "Controller" of the personal data that we collect about you. We process and hold your information in order to provide services. This notice will explain how we use and share your information.
Why and what personal information do we collect?
Personal data is held by Leisuretec Distribution Ltd about those employed by the company, or otherwise engaged to work at the business. We also collect data relating to our customers, suppliers and other persons and organisations associated with the company, in the Legitimate Interests of carrying out our business.
Our database has been grown over time as result of previous contact with our customers, prospects and associates. We use this data:
- To interact with our customers, suppliers, service providers and any other parties that are integral to the running of our business.
- For marketing communications to our customer and prospect database
- To improve the management of our business and quality of our service
- To communicate with and develop our employees
- For all other legitimate reasons relating to employment and recruitment
- To comply with employment law
This personal data includes some or all of the following information, depending upon the status and relationship of the person or organisation to the company:
- Key contact information including name, address, telephone numbers, website and email address
- National Insurance Number (in the case of employees)
- All details related to and required for the legal and legitimate employment with the company
How do we collect your personal data?
Information may be collected in many different ways but predominantly as set out below:
Face to Face
By attending our offices, meeting us at an exhibition or you are visited by one of our employees
By researching and prospecting magazines, websites and other sources of information associated with our industry, making contact and obtaining consent. Ordinarily we will inform you if we record or monitor any telephone calls that you have with us. Recordings may be used as evidence of the call and for our staff training and quality purposes.
If you email us we may keep a record of your email address and the email as evidence of the contact. We are unable to guarantee the security of any email initiated by you and we recommend that you keep the amount of confidential information you send to us via email to a minimum.
Using our Website
When you complete our on-line forms to become a customer, apply for trade status or any other reason. When you provide us with information that is necessary for us to process an order in accordance with your wishes.
During recruitment we may check Social media as part of our vetting process, we also carry out market research of our prospective clients.
On occasion, manufacturers passing your information on to us by way a lead / direct referral as a potential customer or prospect. This will only happen at the mutual consent of all parties.
Professional organisations, including industry associations, government bodies and regulators, HMRC and any others associated with carrying out our business.
We have installed CCTV systems in our premises for the purposes of public, staff safety and crime prevention and detection. Signs are displayed notifying you that CCTV is in operation. We will only disclose CCTV images to others who intend to use the images for the purposes stated above. CCTV images will not be released to the media for entertainment purposes or placed on the internet.
Images captured by CCTV will not be kept for longer than necessary. If you have any concerns relating to our CCTV System and footage, please contact the company.
We will only ever gather the information that we need to support the Legitimate Interests of carrying out our business. We only use your data for the purpose for which it was gathered.
Who do we share your information with?
Generally speaking, we do not share your information. However, here is a list of circumstances where sharing your information may be necessary:
- With manufacturers, designers, specifiers and anyone else necessary to deliver orders and solutions for our customers
- With delivery agents and couriers and anyone else in the necessary process of delivering orders
- With email service providers
- With our website provider
- With police forces, other law enforcement and prosecuting authorities
- With Courts and Tribunals
- We will only share your information where it is necessary to do so. We will not share your information without your consent unless the law requires or allows us to do so.
- Any other organisation in the Legitimate Interest of carrying out our business
Direct Drop Shipping
When our customer requests a delivery direct to their customer and/or the end user, some personal contact details will need to be shared with the courier company that we elect at the time. In each case it is the responsibility of our customer to notify the recipient of the direct shipment of the following:
- Their data will be shared with Leisuretec Distribution Ltd and the elected courier for the use of shipping the goods and automatic delivery updates
- Their data will be stored on Leisuretec Distribution Limited’s contact databases for the purposes of sales, service and logistics
- Their data will be used solely for the purposes of the consignment at the time and will not be passed on to any other third parties
- Should they wish for their data to be permanently removed from our database, they may make their request by contacting Leisuretec Distribution Ltd directly
How long do we keep your information for?
We are required to retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary, after which it will be securely destroyed and/or deleted.
Retention periods can vary and will depend on various criteria including the purpose of processing, regulatory and legal requirements and internal organisational need.
How do we keep your data safe?
We are actively engaged in complying with the GDPR standards, all data is kept in accordance with our Information Security Policy which ensures that appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to help keep your information secure and to reduce the risk of loss and/or theft.
- Access to information is strictly controlled based on the role of the professional.
- All staff are required to undertake regular data protection and cyber awareness training and must comply with policies designed to keep your information secure.
- Your personal data is not processed outside of the EU by Leisuretec Distribution Ltd.
- Further information relating to our website policy can be found here at the top of this page: www.leisuretec.co.uk/privacy
- You have a number of rights which relate to your personal data:
- You are entitled to request access to any personal data we hold about you and you can also request a copy by writing to us.
- Where we are relying on your consent to process your personal data you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You can also request that we correct any personal data we hold about you that you believe is inaccurate, request that we erase your personal data, request that we stop processing all or some of it and request that automated decisions are made by a person.
We are obliged to consider and respond to any requests from you within one calendar month.
If you wish to make a request or make a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, please contact us:
Leisuretec Distribution Ltd
Unit L3, Cherrycourt way
Telephone: 01525 850085
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).Edit This Block