Voltage Control Box is a natural extension of Audia® and Nexia® products. It provides four inputs for analog potentiometers plus four logic input/output connections, as a programmable control interface. Voltage Control Box allows creation of custom control panels, with completely programmable functions. Potentiometers may be assigned to control various system levels. Logic connections may be assigned individually as either inputs or outputs, for switch control of internal functions such as preset selection or for triggering external circuits such as status indicators. The Voltage Control Box is connected to a system on a 5-wire daisy-chain, eliminating the need for local power sources. This connection also provides the serial communication to the Audia or Nexia system. Multiple Voltage Control Boxes, as well as other Audia/Nexia controls, can be connected on a single bus, over a large physical distance.
- Four analog potentiometer inputs control system levels
- Four logic connections - any combination of inputs/outputs
- Logic inputs control presets, mutes, ducking, combining, etc.
- Logic outputs trigger external indicators, speaker relays, etc.
- Control functions assigned within system software design
- Control functions can be made to change along with presets
- Various Audia/Nexia controls allowed on same system bus
- 1000' cable length per Audia/Nexia device control bus
- Convenient key-hole mounting (local power not required)
- RoHS compliance covered by Biamp Systems' five-year warranty
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.5" x 6.875" x 3" (40.64mm x 174.63mm x 76.2mm)
- Power consumption: 920mW @ 12~24 Volts DC (from Audia/Nexia device)
- Controls per system device: 32 (Audia); 12 (Nexia); any combination of RCB controls
- Control cable length: 1000 feet / 300 meters (overall per Audia/Nexia device)
- Control bus wiring: single daisy-chain (system device in center or at one end)
- Control programming: each connection configured for specific operation by means of drag & drop icons within the system design software
- Potentiometer value: 5k ~ 50k ohms linear taper
- Potentiometer cable type: 2-conductor shielded, 20~24 gauge
- Potentiometer cable length: up to 1000 feet / 300 meters (per analog connection)
- Logic input trigger: contact-closure or 5V TTL
- Logic output type: open collector (40V / 500mA maximum per output)
- Logic cable length: up to 2000 feet / 600 meters (per logic connection)